Sunday, January 14, 2018

"All Cats Are Gray" by Andre Norton_Review

All Cats Are GrayAll Cats Are Gray by Andre Norton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review: "All Cats Are Gray" by Andre Norton

{TALES FROM HIGH HALLACK: Collected Short Stories of Andre Norton}

I rightfully credit Andre Norton with inspiring my voracious love of reading. The first novel I remember devouring is her imagination-expanding LORD OF THUNDER. Returning to her writing now is an extraordinary joy. "All Cats Are Gray" is reprinted in the first volume of TALES FROM HIGH HALLACK. This story offers science fiction thrills, suspense, haunting, a Marie Celeste type legendary disappearance, and even behind-the-scenes romance. Perhaps more importantly, it offers a protagonist who is unexpectedly diverse: her diversity is perhaps unusual, and it proves most useful. She is a kickin' heroine in a man's world, an individual with exceptional gifts and talents.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment