Friday, May 15, 2020

SERIAL CORTEX by Chris Yee



4 Stars

I liked SERIAL CORTEX, I thought the technology was fascinating [albeit potentially dangerous]. I just did not enjoy it as much as METAL CHEST,  which I found much more humanized and emotional [despite one of the two protagonists being a simulated intelligence,  and the apocalyptic War having been "robots" vs. Humans].  

As for the advanced technology in SERIAL CORTEX,  I've read Science Fiction in which [in the future] detectives or technicians can read the victims' last moments on their eyes [or brain or some other technique] and so I was reminded of that. I think the most interesting aspect for me was the use of "thought-hopping" psychologically rather than in crime-solving, particularly in regards to aversion therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment