Wednesday, March 8, 2017

CAMP SO-AND-SO by Mary McCoy_Review

Camp So-and-SoCamp So-and-So by Mary McCoy
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

CAMP SO-AND-SO by Mary McCoy

I am ecstatic that I bought this book, because I found it totally enrapturing. It's sort of Appalachian rural fantasy plus Fae plus twists and turns that try the most intellectuallt brilliant reader, scares and dangers that awaken even the most jaded reader, and the coming-of-age of a sizable number of characters. There is brainwashing and personality separation, warmth and affection (possibly even love), friendship and tension and fear. In short, the novel has about everything, including a setting, a premise, and a plot line that is so outre, yet so engrossing. I don't want to give anything away, so I'll just say: if you love “urban fantasy” played out in a scenic mountainous setting; if you love fairy tales or the classic Greek gods and their ilk; if you cheer for strong female characters (both “good” and villainous are included); if you sympathize with weakness and empathize with characters who have failings, read CAMP SO-AND-SO.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment