Sunday, February 18, 2018

THE NECRONISTS by J. M. Bannon_Review

The Necronists: A Paranormal Steampunk Thriller (The Guild Chronicles Book 2)The Necronists: A Paranormal Steampunk Thriller by J.M. Bannon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review: THE NECRONISTS by J. M. Bannon

I really enjoyed this paranormal-steampunk-metaphysical-dark fantasy-historical, set during the Victorian Era, in England, France, Italy, and America's Frontier period. I had not first read the first in this series, THE ALCHEMISTS, but that never interfered with the intrigue nor with my understanding of the story and continuing characters. Although I am not an aficionado of nor expert in fantasy, I do love a story in which magic works and is a way of life. I also love science, and to me, steampunk is like alternate history with science (and steam engines). Here, too, is metaphysics, spirituality, and secret societies! You want to see character evolution? Look right here! We've got it in spades--even with characters who are in a sense virtual {not existing on the mundane plane, in reality}; and we get Homunculi (and golems). Plus we have a heroine who is the first female detective constable at Scotland Yard, the White Witch of London, a metaphysical engineer--and formerly a nun!! I found myself glued from the first chapter and totally enjoyed. Now, off to read the first in the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment