Tuesday, December 12, 2017

VINTAGE SCIENCE FICTION!

Over at The Little Red Reviewer and at Red Star Reviews, January brings VINTAGE SCIENCE FICTION!! See what it's all about!

Follow my personal progress HERE

Remember, I grew up on Vintage Sci Fi {and Mystery and Horror} before it was Vintage! {No, NOT the Golden Age of Science Fiction!}

After a dismaying start to the year, I've been reading John W. Campbell's THE BLACK STAR PASSES, and I've also read (on January 5) Campbell's "The Last Evolution" and "The Ultimate Weapon." Surprisingly, "The Last Evolution" fits in the AI square for the SFF vs. Fantasy Challenge, and the day after reading it I realized the resonances to this story with the later story "A Meeting With Medusa" by Arthur C. Clarke, another master of the genre. Now I think I'll balance Mr.Campbell's masculine viewpoint [predominantly displayed in the 1953 introduction to THE BLACK STAR PASSES] with Andre Norton or C. J. Cherryh.

No comments:

Post a Comment