Sunday, May 20, 2018

CRIMSON by Arthur Slade_Review

CrimsonCrimson by Arthur Slade
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Review: CRIMSON by Arthur Slade

Generally, Fantasy is not my forte. I regret that, as there are so many contemporary, and classic, authors of fantasy whom I am sure are fantastic (unintentional pun). Among these are beloved science fiction authors who turn their attention to fantasy and "sci fantasy." So when I started Arthur Slade' s CRIMSON, I expected "oh, well," but did I get fooled! From my "oh no! Stop that!" bated breath from the first page, I was immediately and persistently engrossed! I LOVE THIS STORY!! Fen is a superb heroine; she's suffered SO much, but she's SO strong. And the Magic! A Queen that's ruled more than 1000 years, a medieval sense of justice, feudalism--and Wild-Magic!! What is NOT to love? Nothing! Wonderful! This man can WRITE!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment