Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Review_BEHIND THE DOOR by Mary SanGiovanni

Behind the Door (A Kathy Ryan Novel)Behind the Door by Mary SanGiovanni
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review: BEHIND THE DOOR by Mary SanGiovanni
(Kathy Ryan Series)

Mary SanGiovanni is an estimable talent indeed. BEHIND THE DOOR takes my beloved Lovecraft Mythos and squeezes it till it squeaks--or in this case, hums. She does so while interweaving some of the worst instances humanity can fall prey to, both as prey and as predator. Portions of this novel made me want to weep, close my eyes, and rage--all simultaneously. I also screamed to see justice wrought. There is extreme horror here, frequently, and I don't recommend to read at night, alone (as did I). There is implacability, maximally. But guard your sensitivity, fire up your empathy, and jump in. Ms. SanGiovanni is about to carry you on an out-of-this-world ride.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment